Monday, November 07, 2005

Why ABQORDIA?

Well, why not? A few years ago, when we were designing our house, I looked at a lot of custom houses. Some had clever signs - "Trail's End" or whatever to welcome visitors. And I thought it was a neat idea to name your house, but I wanted something that related to me, and also had a technology sound to it. So in the shower one morning, the name "abqordia" came to me.

My wife thought it sounded to weird to put a sign out front that said ABQORDIA, so I started looking for other ways to use the name. The SSID on my home wireless network is ABQORDIA. So when I decided to start a blog, ABQORDIA seemed like the right choice.

The ABQ (as very frequent travellers will know) is the airport code for Albuquerque NM, where I spent most of my growing-up years. (Although I've now lived in Virginia for far more years than in Albuquerque.) The ORD (as many American travellers will know) is the airport code for Chicago O'Hare, where my wife grew up. For you trivia buffs, the ORD is for Orchard Field in Skokie, where the original airport was located. It's now the Old Orchard mall.

And the "IA"? No, nothing to do with Iowa. Just something to give it a high tech sound.

Say it out loud - ab-cord-e-ah! Makes you want to invest in the company, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home